- Faculty of Pre-University Training
- Faculty of Belarusian Philology and Culture
- Biological Faculty
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Philology
- Pedagogical Faculty
- Art and Graphic Faculty
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Pedagogic and Psychology
- Faculty of Physical Training and Sport
- Faculty of Retraining Staff
- Institute for Professional Skills Upgrading and Retraining.
The history of the university dates back to 1910 when Teachers’ Training Institute was opened in Vitebsk. On October 1, 1918 Vitebsk Teacher’s Training Institute was renamed into the Pedagogical Institute. On September 1, 1995 the Pedagogical Institute was reorganized into Vitebsk State University. In 1998 the university was named after the outstanding statesman Piotr M. Masherov. In 2001 the university was renamed into educational establishment “Vitebsk State University named after P.M. Masherov”. In 1991 Vitebsk State University launched its first post-graduate program and in 1996 — the master’s program. The university includes 11 faculties, 44 departments.
Tuition fees (per year)
Level 1 — from $1200.
There are three gyms, and a stadium at the university.
There are 17 amateur art activities associations and sports sections.